We are currently offering initial, retraining and continuning education virtually, online training throug Video-Teleconferencing (Google Meet, Zoom, Webex, etc. ) for the following classes. Check back often as classes are continuously added to this list!
- Impoundment Initial Training (8 hours)
- Electrical Retraining (8 hours)
- Diesel Retraining (4 hours)
- Advanced First Aid Retraining (4 hours)
- Impoundment Retraining (4 hours)
- Virginia Surface Foreman (4 hours)
- Virginia Underground Mine Foreman (4 hours)
- Virginia Underground Shot Firer (4 hours)
The student will comply with the following instructions:
- Completed the online registration form » here.
- Student can use desk computer, laptop, smartphone, or other comperable device.
- If using a laptop computer, student will need to download Google Chrome web browser.
- If using a smartphone or other similar device, student will need to down Google Meet app.
- Course will be conducted through Google Meet. Student should become familiar with this tool prior to class.
- Two-way communications is required, which includes a camera, microphone, speakers, and display screen.
- Classes will not be held in “listen only mode”.
- Student will be required to remain visible during the entire training class except during breaks and lunch. If the student is not visible and/or does not respond to questions throughout the duration of the class, you will not be given credit for the class.
- If VTC service is interrupted at the instructor’s location by loss of internet connections, loss of power, equipment failure, etc., the instructor will make note of time and PowerPoint slide number. If the problem cannot be resolved in a reasonable time period, the training will be rescheduled.
- If VTC service is interrupted at the student’s location by loss of internet connections, loss of power, equipment failure, etc., the student will communicate immediately with the instructor by phone. The instructor will make note of time and PowerPoint slide number. If the problem cannot be resolved in a reasonable time period, the instructor will reschedule another time with student.
- After the completion of the course, students will be emailed an online evaluation form to complete.